Grenadine dating site Cybersex chatrooms uk no registration
The nearby St George’s Anglican Cathedral, also built in the 1800s has impressive stained glass windows. George’s Cathedral was dedicated in 1820, financed in part from the sale of lands taken from the Caribs.
The nave, the lower stages of the tower and the galleried interior are of the Georgian period.
The name "Grenadines" derives from the Spanish for "pomegranate" (in reference to the distribution of the smaller islands; pomegranate fruits do not grow on the islands). The area of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines is 150 square miles (389 square kilometers), with the 133 square miles comprising the mainland and 17 square miles in the Grenadines. Saint Vincent and the Grenadines has a population of approximately 120,000 (2000 estimate), with about 110,000 residing on Saint Vincent and the remainder distributed among the Grenadines.
On Saint Vincent, most of the population lives in the southern two thirds of the island because the volcano occupies the northern third of the island.
The capital, Kingstown, and its suburbs have a population of around 25,000. The official language of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines is English.
Most, however, normally speak a creole known locally as "dialect." This would be unintelligible to the casual visitor, but it is based on an English vocabulary and can be learned in a short time. The national flag is a tricolor of green, gold, and blue, with a stylized V in the center—representing the rich foliage of the island, the sun, and the sea.
All public buildings display the flag, as do many private homes.